Thursday, May 11, 2017

Thursday, April 13- the Long Layover

My flight out of Kansas City was scheduled to land in Atlanta at 11:30 AM.  My flight from Atlanta to Panama City, Panama left 7 hours later.  Paranoid?  You bet I am.  Of course, everything ran on time and I was left with a long, leisurely stay in the Delta Crown Room in Atlanta, which was fine with me.

This was the nicest airline lounge I'd ever seen in the US- of course, Atlanta is a Delta hub, but in the US, you mostly expect stale munchies and an adult beverage or two.  (Yes, American Airlines, I'm talking to you.)  There was a plentiful selection of food and a well-stocked open bar.  I love airline lounges because they're so much more peaceful.  Even the bathrooms are more civilized.


Little luxuries.
Interesting display of confiscated items, mostly ivory.
We left on time for Panama City; the flight took us over Cuba, making me wish I had a better camera to capture aerial views at night from a plane window.  It was still a wonderful flight.  This was my first time using my own device to stream in-flight entertainment-a good innovation.

We arrived at about 10 PM but by the time I cleared Immigration, got my bag and caught up with the driver form the cruise line and the other people on my flight who were taking the cruise, it was almost midnight before I got into my hotel room.  I poured myself an inch of duty-free scotch and fell asleep easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment