Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Thursday, March 8/Friday, March 9: London to Delhi


I spent the night at a Hilton near Heathrow.  My plan had been to take the Heathrow Express into London but then I found that the hotel was actually reached by a shuttle that ran only every half-hour and cost 9 pounds round trip.  I decided not to backtrack to Heathrow and got in a good workout at the hotel gym and had an enjoyable dinner at the Indian restaurant on the property, before falling into an exhausted sleep, awakening 11 hours later after my alarm went off.

Available for sale at the restaurant (Mr. Todiwala's).  Ummm.. is this veg or non-veg?

Back to Heathrow the next morning.  I enjoyed a couple of hours in the Departure Lounge before boarding my flight to Delhi.  The flight was uneventful and we landed at 1:20 AM.  Unfortunately the car for which I'd pre-paid because I did NOT want to be stuck at Delhi Airport without a working cell phone at 1:20 in the morning didn't show.  I found a taxi service that took credit cards and the trip cost less than the one for which I'd already paid- only about $15. 


No comments:

Post a Comment