Wednesday, April 11, 2018

India and Nepal- How did I get Here?

In January of last year, my Aunt Mary Beth e-mailed me a link to a tour she was taking with the headline, "Just a Thought..."  I'd been to India at least a half-dozen times on business and had wanted to visit as a tourist, but felt it wasn't a good destination for exploring on my own.  I checked out the tour company's Web site  (Overseas Adventure Travel) and realized it was the exact type of trip I was looking for.  Even better, Mary Beth and I would be traveling together.  Mary Beth had married my mother's youngest brother so there was only a five-year age difference between us.  She'd graciously included me as a bridesmaid in the wedding at my tender age of 16 and the wedding was one of the most glamorous spots in my life up till then.  I knew that we'd have a fun time traveling together, and we really did.

Less than 24 hours later I'd put down a deposit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment