Monday, September 24, 2018

Thursday, September 27- The Trip Home

I didn’t sleep well Wednesday night- no particular reason why.  I was actually pretty relaxed about the trip home- Edinburgh is a smaller, more civilized airport than CDG or LHR and I was flying Business Class, which is also far more civilized.  I’d set the alarm for 7:30 but when I woke up- again- at 6:30 I got up, had breakfast and finished packing.  With relief, I stowed the key in the lock box outside; I’d been afraid I’d head to the airport with it.

After a brief stay in the airport lounge where I discovered I liked Weetabix (an old respected British brand of breakfast cereal), I headed out of the lounge and boarded the flight.  The flight was pleasant other than the remote for my in-flight entertainment being flaky.  The purser had to re-boot it and I was able to work around it by using the touch screen.  That was a relief- movies are nice on an 8-hour flight.

Pre-flight bubbly.  I do not ALWAYS make healthy choices.


I had a 5-hour layover in O'Hare, but that was my choice.  Our flight landed close to an hour late and, with the need to go through Immigration, retrieve and re-check bags, and then go from the International terminal to Terminal B (which, for some reason, was by bus, not by their usual efficient tram system) and THEN pass through the TSA again... I like to hedge my bets.  Fortunately, I still had plenty of time to enjoy the Polaris Lounge again, this time enjoying a shower, a few glasses of wine and some good food before my short flight home, which even landed pretty much on time.

Another excellent adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment