Monday, March 25, 2019

Saturday, March 23: The Trip Home


Breakfast started an hour early so we could be on the buses to the airport by 7:30.  I woke up at 5:30 AM before my alarm went off, finished packing and put my two larger bags outside my room. The ride back to the airport was long and boring, with a delay at the beginning as the driver navigated the big bus around various alternative routes because setup was in process for a triathlon to start later that morning.  At least we avoided the triathlon itself!


The staff waves goodbye.



SJD (San Juan del Cabo) airport was a mix of good and bad news.  The good news:  I’d gotten to the airport early enough to get the 12:30 flight instead of the 2:15 flight to DFW.  The cruise line had said that taking the 12:30 flight might be cutting it a little close so I booked the later one even though it left me only 1.75 hours to clear Customs and Immigration, recheck my bags and go through the TSA checkpoint again to board my flight home.  I did end up losing my Business Class seat but the gate agent assigned me to a window seat (my preferred location) in an Exit Row.  (Later I was able to get a refund for the downgrade.)  It was a very good call; my original 2:15 flight from SJC took off on time but landed 30 minutes late.  If it had taken the same amount of time to get through all the formalities, I most likely would have missed my flight home and ended up spending the night at DFW and flying out Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment